Thursday, January 30, 2014

Artist Profile: Rachelle "Rocky" Kolecke

      What are you excited about “Geppetto?”
      We all have either read the story in school, or have had the story told to us by mom or dad or a grandparent perhaps. I think this story will always resonate with people because we are always searching for what's real. What is exciting to me is getting to be a part of telling this specific story. Whether you've heard the classic once, twice or fifty times, this will be your first time hearing our story. I know your going to love it as much as I do.


      What’s the craziest thing you’ve done on stage?
      When I'm not stage managing I'm designing props and Puppets for all kinds of Theatres. The coolest thing I got build was a magic box that mysteriously revealed a nutcracker doll for a adaptation of The Nutcracker. If you have ever tried to do a magic trick for someone and thought it was hard, try creating and teaching and actor to do it in front of 300 people everynight...it was very cool.
      The puppet I am most proud of is the one I recently designed for the Metropolis preforming Arts Center's A Christmas Carol. I had the pleasure of turning a six foot two inch actor into a 12 foot "dementor" Ghost of Christmas Future! His face even light up a scary red. The kids loved it!


      What is your definition of clown?
      If you asked me that as a kid I would have said that thing that was going to eat me in the middle of the night. I never had a fondness for clowns. Like a lot of kids I thought they were creepy and scary.


      What is your favorite thing about working with Ghostlight?
      This is my first production with Ghostlight. My favorite thing so far has to be reconnecting with our director after having worked with him briefly seven years ago. Time has gone so fast, but here we are still passionate about what we do.



      What’s in your blue trunk?
      When I'm propping a show I sometimes hide a funny photo during tech on the set somewhere and wait and see how long it takes for someone to notice.


      What are you hiding behind your Mask/Red Nose?
      I used to do musical theatre in my previous life.

                No comments:

                Post a Comment